Dear HYBSA community:
It is great to have baseball and softball back but we must remain diligent. Each individual town/league will determine their own safety protocols based on the guidelines provided by the State of Massachusetts, their local town government as well as their local board of health requirements. The protocols that each town adopts for their home fields, must be adhered to by any visiting teams. As the COVID19 situation continues to remain in a constant state of change, the rules may be updated at any time. Visiting teams should always check this page before heading to another team’s field.
For the Harvard Ryan Land Fields the following guidelines will be in place
- All Players and coaches must sanitize their hands upon arrival at the fields.
- Face coverings must be worn by all players, coaches and spectators at ALL times.
- Dugouts are open, but players should remain 6 feet apart while inside the dugouts. Spacing is marked with blue tape in the dugouts and extra seating is marked for players outside the dugouts.
- Any shared equipment (e.g. Catcher's gear) should be wiped down with sanitizing wipes in between players
- Spectators should not sit on the bleachers directly outside the dugout as this is overflow seating for players who cannot be in the dugout.
- There is absolutely NO eating inside of the dugouts at this time. This includes candy, gum and sunflower seeds.
- We would ask spectators to socially distance at all times unless they are members of the same household
- The snack shack at Ryan Field will not be open
·Any questions or concerns should be directed to the HYBSA (Harvard Youth Baseball & Softball Association)